Sunday, December 10, 2006

Busy Busy Busy

My life is a task-list that is constantly 20-items deep.

Chip away at a few now and then, but there's always a new one coming along... To some degree, I resigned myself to this when I bought a house. However, I didn't fully appreciate how much a wife augments the scenario. Now, it's not just me tripping over my toolbox on the way to the bathroom at 2 AM; it's also my wife...my pregnant wife. I'd put the toolbox away if I was done with it, but I need to screw the kitchen cabinet doors back on now that we've finished painting most of them. Of course, the toolbox probably wouldn't have been in the way in the first place had the all other available floorspace not been covered by drying kitchen cabinet doors. She really wanted those cabinets painted.

Of course, once we're finished with the cabinets, clearing valuable space on the living room and office floor, we'll immediately have to lay out all the baby clothes, so that we can organize them, plus there's the crib, and...oh yeah, we'll have to buy a trillion things for the baby; add items to the list for each car-seat, carriage, and hi-chair.

I don't know when the last time I paid a bill was. Thank god for the internet and auto-pay. Still, I should check the statements...as soon as I get out from all the other stuff...like getting rid of the cats that we can't keep (they're so cute). And God Damn! I'm starving.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to respond to your post...but why can't you keep the cats?

    I'd take them, but alas, I still live at home (until the Spring anyway) and the folks won't allow another one (my Mom just got a kitten from the shelter we work at).

    Just please, please promsie me you won't throw them out on the street!

    ReplyDelete